A breakthrough in gynecologic surgery
You’ve just been diagnosed with a condition requiring surgery. Until very recently your options included traditional surgery with a large open incision or laparoscopy, which uses small incisions but is typically limited to very simple procedures.
Thanks to a breakthrough surgical technology, there is a new category of minimally invasive surgery for which you may be a candidate. It is an effective, minimally invasive alternative to both open surgery and laparoscopy. Through the use of the da Vinci® Surgical System, surgeons are now able to offer a minimally invasive option for complex surgical procedures.
Imagine major surgery performed through the smallest of incisions. Imagine having the benefits of a definitive treatment but with the potential for significantly less pain, a shorter hospital stay, faster return to normal daily activities – as well as the potential for better clinical outcomes.
With the da Vinci Surgical System, surgeons and hospitals are re-writing accepted standards for surgical care. da Vinci is changing the experience of surgery.
The da Vinci® Surgical System
Only da Vinci overcomes the limitations of both traditional open surgery and conventional minimally invasive surgery. The da Vinci System is a sophisticated robotic platform designed to expand the surgeon’s capabilities and offer a minimally invasive option for major surgery.
With da Vinci, small incisions are used to introduce miniaturized wristed instruments and a high-definition 3D camera. Seated comfortably at the da Vinci console, your surgeon views a magnified, high-resolution 3D image of the surgical site.
At the same time, state-of-the-art robotic and computer technologies scale, filter and seamlessly translate your surgeon’s hand movements into precise micro-movements of the da Vinci instruments.
The System cannot be programmed and it cannot make decisions on its own. The da Vinci System requires that every surgical maneuver be performed with direct input from your surgeon.
- The da Vinci Surgical System is the only commercially available technology that can provide the surgeon with the precision, dexterity and control of traditional open surgery, while only requiring 1-2 cm incisions.
- da Vinci Surgical System consists of an ergonomically designed surgeon’s console, a patient cart with four interactive robotic arms, a high-performance vision System and patented EndoWrist instruments.
- At the da Vinci console, your surgeon operates while seated comfortably, viewing a highly magnified 3D image of the body’s interior. To operate, the surgeon uses master controls that work like forceps.
- As your surgeon manipulates the controls, da Vinci responds to your surgeon’s input in real time, translating his or her hand, wrist and finger movements into precise movements of miniaturized instruments at the patient-side cart.
- da Vinci‘s patient cart holds up to three EndoWrist instruments and one 3D camera. To access the target anatomy, your surgeon introduces the precisely controlled EndoWrist instruments into the body through a series of dime-sized incisions. A broad range of instrument types are available to help your surgeon perform specialized surgical tasks with precision and control.